The objectives of the Flight Nurses Australia Association are:
- To uphold the role of the Flight Nurse as valuable member of any Aeromedical Crew.
- To facilitate and promote flight nurse knowledge, through continuing education by way of newsletters and electronic publications as well as Workshops/Seminars/ Conferences.
- To provide a forum for communication and co-operation amongst Flight Nurses, and other medical and non medical personnel.
- To develop national standards for the practice of Flight Nurses in the Australian Region, and promote the delivery of quality care to our patients.
- To promote research that relates to the impact of health delivery in the aviation/transport environment.
- To act as an advisory body for the aeromedical information relating to nursing practice in the aviation/transport environment.